Middlesex at Wimbledon 2023
July 17, 2023
Congratulations to Carlos Alcaraz and Marketa Vondrousova on their Maiden Wimbledon Titles.
There was plenty of Middlesex players in action over the past 2-weeks -
- First Round v Diane Parry, 7-6(4) 0-6 4-6
- Reached the second round with Heather Watson
- First round v Holger Rune 6-7(4) 3-6 2-6
- Quad Singles
- Quad Doubles
Ranah Akua Stoiber
- Girls Singles - Reaches quarter-finals
- Girls Doubles with Mingge Xu - Round of 16
- Girls Singles - Reaches quarter-finals in her Junior Grand Slam debut.
- Girls Doubles with Hephzibah Oluwadare- Round of 16
- Girls Singles
- Girls Doubles with Ellie Blackford
- Girls Singles
- Girls Doubles with Hannah Read
- 14U Girls Singles. Wins all her group matches to reach the finals. Falling 6-3 6-1 to eventual winner Luna Vujovic.
- 14U Boys Singles. Wins 1-group match and loses 2 tight matches to finish 3rd in his group. In the consolation semi-finals, produces a strong comeback to to play in the 9-10th play off but falls to fellow British player Rhys Lawlor.
Notable British Results
- Men's Doubles Neal Skupski and Wesley Koolhof win the Men's Doubles Title and earn the World No.1 Doubles ranking.
- Boys Singles Henry Searle wins the Boys Title. The first British player to do so since 1962.
- Men's Wheelchair Doubles Alfie Hewtt and Gordon Reid take the title for the 5th time.
- 14U Boys Singles Mark Ceban backs up his number 1 ranking to go undefeated and pick up the title.
- Men's Wheelchair Singles Alfie Hewett finishes runner up.
- Girls Doubles Hannah Klugman and Isabelle Lacy reach the girls doubles finals.
- Mixed Doubles Olivia Nicholls and Johnny O'Mara reach the Semi-finals
- Ladies Doubles Nikita Bains and Maia Lumsden reach the Quarter-finals