0007 Middlesex Tennis Return to Managed Play
July 1, 2020
Middlesex Tennis Return to Managed Play Update
Following the LTA update on 30th June 2020, please note,
All LTA competitions (grade 1 to 5) up to Monday 31st August 2020 have been cancelled including:
- LTA County Week (20-24 July)
- LTA O35s County Cup (Ladies 31 Jul-2 August; Men 21-23 August)
- East Gloucester Grade 2
- Ilkley Grade 2
- County Championships 23-30th August
- Junior National Championships
- All Weeklong Grade 3 and 4 Competitions
- Middlesex Tennis Summer League 2020
- Middlesex Summer Cup 2020
- Middlesex Tennis Summer Vets 2020
- LTA National League (Adults & Juniors)
- The LTA Seniors County Cp (40s to 75s Age Groups)
- The Senior Tennis GB Inter-club League
- The LTA County Cup - 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U & 14U
- South East Team Trophy 16U
- The Road to WImbledon Venue Stage and County Finals
LTA British Tours will be treated differently, to provide elite players with matches in an appropriately controlled environment. Read more here.
The LTA are looking reviewing options with regards to Junior National Championships and if it may be possible to rearrange.
County Training and Trials
We will be re-introducing County Training over the summer for players in 9U-13U age groups between July and August.
All government guidelines will be followed, and further information will be made available to applicable players over the next 7 days.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to run sifts for players over the summer months as we do not feel we are able to do this in a safe manner that adheres to government guidelines.
However please do follow our competition information as we do use local tournaments to scout players when tournaments restart.
The LTA has indicated that Grade 6 Matchplay events, inter-club and inter-county competitions may restart at an earlier date once government restrictions are eased.
As soon as restrictions are eased, we will look to work with the LTA, local competition organisers, referees, and venues to get competitions off the ground.
LTA Youth Box Leagues and Local Tennis Leagues have restarted.
Venues may restart internal box leagues and ladders as long as LTA Return to Managed Play guidelines and public health recommendations are followed.